Successful organizations in any industry prosper through carefully selecting, understanding, and fully developing their people – what is today referenced as their human capital. Effective companies recognize that people really are their most essential capital resource and in many industries the only way to distinguish themselves from competition.
Since 1991, our work has helped a range of client organizations become more proficient at increasing the quality, effectiveness and utilization of their executives, managers, and associate employees. We understand people at work.
A little bit of information about what we offer.
• Psychological assessments for managerial development.
• Executive coaching using data from both personal feedback and 360° surveys.
• Facilitating strategy and groupteam-building and problem-resolution sessions.
• Pre-employment assessment and testing.
• Providing assessment data and structure to support succession planning decisions.
Dennis J. Whittaker, Ph.D.
Dr. Whittaker has over 27 years of experience working to use the knowledge of psychological science to improve the human resource performance of client organizations. As a Corporate Psychologist, his work has been built upon the mission of understanding people at work …to increase their effectiveness, satisfaction, and success. His clients range from small, privately-owned businesses to publicly-held Fortune 500 companies. His services to client organizations include executive assessment and coaching, assessment of candidates for employment, succession planning for senior management positions, training workshops and team retreats, and related counsel and advising toward building stronger, more effective and progressively-managed organizations. In addition to active involvement in interviewing and assessment-based consulting, his professional interests include work to develop stronger leadership talent, especially as relates to coaching and developing people with particular attention to needs for real-time feedback!
Although most client companies view his operating style as very practical and hands-on, Dr. Whittaker’s work has the backing of a formal education that includes a B.S. in psychology from LSU and M.A. and Ph.D. degrees in clinical psychology from the University of Louisville. He is licensed as a psychologist in both North and South Carolina and is a member of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, the Consulting Division of APA, the Mecklenburg Psychological Association, and the Charlotte I/O Psychology Network.
Dr. Whittaker is an avid road cyclist, remarkably average golfer, and a consistent fan of jazz-rock fusion, travel, and the latest electronic gadgetry.
We can help you hire and develop the human capital with your company.
• Although led by a dynamic, up-through-the ranks CEO, the board of a fast-growing mass-merchandise retailer recognized the risks facing a Fortune 500 company with no real succession plan in-place. After conducting individual psychological assessments of all top-level executives, a comprehensive plan was developed and shared with the client CEO and his board, providing a road map for growth that continues to support aggressive business expansion.
• After suffering another year of lackluster sales results, a mid-sized distributor of home products sought new insight about how to overcome barriers to its success. Whittaker conducted an analysis of personalities involved in the sales team, most notably that of an ineffective Sales Manager, and provided recommendations for both personal development and position realignment more in keeping with team member strengths and capacities.
• In order to maintain both high personnel standards and to preserve a unique company culture that was viewed as critical to continued success, Whittaker Corporate Psychology developed and delivered a program of hands-on, structured interview training designed specifically for plant-level managers and supervisors. Dr. Whittaker has personally delivered this 1-day training program for nearly 1,000 employees in locations throughout the U.S. and overseas.
• New leadership prompted a maker of building products to enlist Whittaker Corporate Psychology to conduct a series of 360° surveys for Regional Managers supporting plants across the U.S. Data were combined with findings from a series of competency-based psychological tests to help identify development needs and career-growth opportunities for both Regional Managers and a mix of technical professionals supporting new initiatives to automate production lines.
For information about taking the ASSESS online survey, please download this form by clicking the button below.